Peggy Judy was born to be an artist. She realized that even as a child. Her destiny was sealed by one important fact: She was smitten by the natural beauty of her native Colorado. So, she painted and drew throughout her high school and college years. Upon graduation from Colorado State University in 1982 with a Bachleor of Fine Arts and a concentration in illustration, she began her professional career as an illustrator, working for various corporations and the Dept. of Energy, all in the Denver area.
When she married a equine veterinarian in 1988, Peggy was able to meld her passion for all things “horse” with her art, although she spent much of her time breeding, raising, training and selling Warmblood Sport horses. Today, having raised her two children (both are accomplished horsemen!), she has more time for painting and a renewed vigor for it.
In 2013, Peggy Judy won First Place or Best in Show at the Tesoro Spanish Culture and Western Art Show in Morrison, CO, and the Fine Arts Festival in Golden, CO. In 2014, she will be included in two museum exhibitions: The Mattatuck Museum in CT and The Rockwell Museum of Western Art in New York.
Recent Awards and Exhibitions:
- 2017 "It's the West, Honey..." Ann Korologos Gallery, Basalt, CO
- 2017 Windows to the West Invitational Art Show and Sale, Estes Park, CO
- 2017 Juror for Colorado Horse Expo, Denver, CO
- 2016 Windows to the West Invitational Art Show and Sale, Estes Park, CO
- 2016 Juror for Colorado Horse Expo, Denver, CO
- 2016 Stampede Western Invitational Art show and Sale, Greeley, CO 2015 Stampede Western Invitational Art Show and Sale, Greeley Stampede Rodeo